Want to Pitch in 2019?
Applications are open! Apply now for the 6th Annual National U.Pitch Competition & Showcase. Your 90 second business or idea pitch can win you part of $10,000! U.Pitch will take place on Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 1871 in Chicago, IL. Applications close October 16, 2019 at 11:59PM CT.
Tickets for the public to attend the live finals will be available soon.
Requirements and Eligibility to Apply
U.Pitch applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a college student or have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program within the past six months
- Have started a company OR simply have an idea to start a company (must be a for-profit venture and headquartered in the United States)
- Have prepared a brief (200 characters or less) description of your idea
- Be ready with a link to a 90-second pitch video of you explaining your idea (YouTube or Vimeo)
- Cover the costs of any travel or lodging expenses to and from U.Pitch
For complete competition rules and details, check out the Participant Handbook.
Questions? Let us know!
*Note: Current members of the Future Founders Fellowship (or companies represented by current members) are not eligible to compete in U.Pitch. Former Fellows and finalists from previous years’ competitions may compete, but only with a different business or idea than used previously.
The Ideal Pitch
Watch these former U.Pitch applications to see what an ideal U.Pitch submission video looks like.
Recap: Get a Feel for U.Pitch
U.Pitch brings together the best students from a cross-section of universities in this ultimate national elevator pitch competition. In just 90 seconds, students compete for national recognition and a prize pool of $10,000. They also have the opportunity to showcase their idea or startup in front of hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors, business leaders and other students from the entrepreneurial community.
Last year, Future Founders, a non-profit organization that believes every youth can become an entrepreneur, hosted their 5th Annual U.Pitch College Elevator Pitch Competition & Showcase on November 15 at 1871 in Chicago. During the event, 18 collegiate entrepreneurs from 14 states participated in a high-energy elevator pitch competition for national honors and a $10,000 prize pool.