The Residency is an innovative program designed to empower 18-30 year-olds to start their own businesses. This early-stage accelerator program provides participants with access to workshops, mentorship, and a national network that allows them to explore opportunities to launch and grow their ventures.
The Residency is a two-phase program:
Phase 1 – Building Your Idea into a Business (February – May 2019)
- Entrepreneurship certificate program, including workshops on establishing and building your business
- Final pitch day
- Access to group mentoring
- Residents from the in-person program who successfully complete Residency Phase 1 will receive a $250 stipend at program graduation (one stipend max per business)
Phase 2 – Growing Your Business (by invitation, May – August 2019)
- Entrepreneur summit
- Individual mentor pairing
- Monthly mastermind sessions with cohort
- Monthly coaching with Future Founders staff
- Phase 2 Residents from the in-person program will have the opportunity to apply for additional funding to support their business
There is no fee to apply or be a part of the Residency and no equity taken by Future Founders in participating companies.
Who Can Apply?
- Founders aged 18-30
- Individuals with an idea for a business or who are early in the process of establishing their company.
- Ideal candidates will need to have completed the following by the start of the Residency:
- Formulated a business idea
- Worked on a minimum viable product
- Talked to other people about their idea
- Thought through a business model canvas
- Companies from any industry may apply
- Companies with co-founders may apply under one application
- Participants do not need to be actively enrolled in school. School enrollment is not considered in evaluation of applicants.
- Applicants from communities of color, women, veterans, and immigrants will receive priority access.
Applications for the next cohort are now open and will be approved on a rolling basis, with a deadline of January 15, 2019. It’s in your best interest to apply early — we’ll provide feedback on applications submitted through December 15, 2018.
Why You Should Apply for the Residency:
As a member of the Residency, you’ll be a part of an exclusive community of up-and-coming innovators and change-makers representing diverse backgrounds and industries. The Residency provides you with a foundation of entrepreneurial knowledge and gives you the focus and tools to build your business.
Residents will Benefit from:
- Entrepreneurship curriculum and certificate
- Coaching and support from entrepreneurs, Future Founders program alumni, and Future Founders staff
- Twice-a-month cohort workshops
- Opportunity to access startup stipend
- Access to Future Founder network events
- Participation in an entrepreneurial peer community
Questions about the Residency? Contact Tina Hrabak.
The Residency is made possible through a generous grant from the Blackstone Inclusive Entrepreneurship Challenge, which is sponsored by the Blackstone Charitable Foundation, World Business Chicago, and ChicagoNEXT.