Future Founders Discover is a series of high-energy in-class workshops that teach elementary and high school students how to think like an entrepreneur. During the program, we help students explore entrepreneurship and develop 21st Century skills through fun, instructor-led activities. Discover consists of six in-class sessions and one out-of-school event, The Challenge.
During these in-class sessions, our program staff and entrepreneurship instructors share their career experiences and lead team-based activities to help students enhance their entrepreneurial skills. Session topics include:
- Entrepreneurship 101: Students learn the basics of entrepreneurship, form teams and work together to complete their first challenge.
- Problems and Solutions: In their teams, students create an app business idea to solve a real world problem.
- Business Models: Students work in teams to apply a business model that will generate profits for the company.
- Wireframing: Students will build a basic wireframe of their app to show to potential investors.
- Pitch Prep: Students will practice their pitches and make final improvements to their business ideas.
- Pitch Day: Each group will present their ideas in front of the class.
Select student teams from our partner schools come together for an exciting, fast-paced “Amazing Race” meets entrepreneurship challenge. Teams compete to complete various volunteer-led activities that put their entrepreneurship skills to the test. The Challenge will be held on December 9, 2016, and May 5, 2017.
Future Founders Discover is based on a program Uptake Co-Founder and CEO Brad Keywell created in 2006.
Want to know more? Ask a question!