Quevos Takes First Place at U.Pitch 2018
Future Founders hosted its 5th Annual U.Pitch National College Elevator Pitch Competition & Showcase on November 15 at 1871 in Chicago. Eighteen semifinalists, representing 14 states, flew in from across the country to pitch their startups in the hopes of winning a portion of $10,000. Congrats to the winners!
1st Place: Nick Hamburger, Quevos, University of Chicago (IL) – $5,000
Quevos makes shelf-stable and delivious egg-white chips that have 15 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber, only 3 net carbs in a 180 calorie serving.
2nd Place: Mackenzie Andrews, Nanodropper, University of Washington (WA) – $2,500
The Nanodropper is an intuitive, universal adapter for medicated eyedrop bottles that administers smaller drops.
3rd Place: Alissa Chavez, EasyFlo, University of New Mexico (NM) – $1,250
EasyFlo is an innovative baby bottle that makes feeding on the go easy while saving the waste of millions of plastic water bottles and storage containers.
People’s Choice Award: David Zamarin, DetraPel, Babson College (MA) – $750
DetraPel manufactures and distributes protective coating products that utilize nanotechnology to offer a non-toxic superhydrophobic solution to individual consumers and businesses.
Venture Award: Moe Mitchell, Moe Mow’s Lawn Care, North Central College (IL) – $250
Mow Mow’s Lawn Care is a subcontracted premium tech lawn care company that saves clients a substantial amount of time through their mobile app.
Venture Award: Weida Tan, Fledging, University of Alabama at Birmingham (AL) – $250
Fledging makes the most desirable storage products.
We appreciate all of the hard work our U.Pitch volunteers contributed, including our Finals and Semifinals judges:
- Kasey Gandham, Co-Founder, Packback
- Jon Hennessy, Director, The John E. & Jeanne T. Hughes Foundation
- Logan LaHive, Managing Director, Techstars
- Andrea Sreshta, Co-Founder, LuminAID Chicago
- Cayla Weisberg, Partner, InvestHER Ventures
- Pete Wilkins, Managing Director, Hyde Park Angels
- Nick Arnett, Community Partner, 1517 Fund
- Monika Black, PhD, Chief Leadership Catalyst, TandemSpring
- Maria Burud, President, The Zanon Group
- Jude Conway, CEO, Ag Ventures Alliance
- Karl Darin, The Alnair Group
- Heidi Hattendorf, Director, Business Innovation & Transformation, Motorola Solutions
- Scott Kitun, CEO & Host, Technori
- Nika Koda, CEO, Hermit Art Collective Inc.
- Reva Minkoff, Founder & President, Digital4Startups Inc. & DigitalGroundUp Inc.
- Victoria Elena Nones, Co Founder & CEO, Satira & Founder, Women In Comedy
- Gopal Rajaraman, Investment Principal, Motorola Solutions Venture Capital
- Denise Umubyeyi, Co-Founder & COO, Five to Nine
- James Zebrowski, Managing Director, Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization
U.Pitch is one of the opportunities Future Founders offers to support aspiring and existing collegiate entrepreneurs. This work is generously supported byMotorola Solutions Foundation (founding sponsor), Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Capital One, The Coleman Foundation, The John E. & Jeanne T. Hughes Foundation, Keywell Foundation, ChicagoNEXT, Jack and Goldie Wolfe Miller Fund, and World Business Chicago.