Future Founders Seeks New Role: Partnerships Coordinator
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level
Future Founders is excited to announce a new role that will support the execution of its youth entrepreneurship programming: Partnerships Coordinator.
The Partnerships Coordinator will work across our two divisions: “elementary to high school” and “college” to expand the scope and impact of our work. The Coordinator’s primary focus will be expanding the communities in Chicago that are connected to the growing entrepreneurial and tech scenes. The Coordinator will have two main roles:
- PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: The Coordinator will work with our college division to create and leverage partnerships with local and national universities, as well as organizations that support entrepreneurship. The Coordinator will also oversee our own campus entrepreneurship workshops and annual EntrepreneurshipU programming and awards.
- STUDENT RECRUITMENT: The Coordinator will oversee efforts to recruit youth from Chicago to participate in our Startup Spring Break Camp for middle school girls and our “Be Your Own Boss” Summer Entrepreneurship Camp for high school students. The Coordinator will also recruit millennials to participate in our Chicago Cohort, National Fellowship, and National U.Pitch College Elevator Pitch Competition.
The Partnerships Coordinator should expect an equal focus on relationship building and data management/tracking. Organization skills and the ability to manage many projects are essential for success.
In addition, the Partnerships Coordinator will assist with:
- STRATEGY – Provide guidance to senior leadership on enhancing and expanding Future Founders.
- FUNDRAISING – Work with the senior leadership team to secure new funding for the organization.
- NETWORKING – Attend events in the community during the day and after work to expand the Future Founders network.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED – We run like a startup, so you need to have a “can do” attitude and be ready to pitch in when needed. You must be entrepreneurial, have the ability to multi-task and take the initiative to advance the program. The Coordinator will also assist the team with other organizational activities.
Reports to: Chief of Staff & Senior Director, Startups
Type of Employment: Full Time Position
Start Date: November 1, 2017
Location: Future Founders is headquartered at 1871 (222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212, Chicago, IL 60654). The role includes flexibility, with the Partnerships Coordinator working at 1871, in the community and remotely.
- College graduate with a major in entrepreneurship, business, communications, or technology and/or who has started a business.
- 1-2 years of experience in a business environment, preferably working in a startup or with entrepreneurs.
- Experience creating and leveraging partnerships.
- Enjoy working with entrepreneurs and students of all ages (middle school, high school and college), especially with students from underserved areas.
- Have an understanding of the entrepreneurial community.
Desired Background, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess a tremendous passion for inspiring young business leaders.
- Interest in entrepreneurship and the city’s startup scene.
- Possess strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the demonstrable experience, professional credibility and personal attributes necessary to forge productive relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Capable of high levels of program development, event planning, marketing and social media.
- Ability to work well in teams and independently.
- Coachability and the drive to learn and grow.
- Demonstrate initiative for assignments and be a self-starter.
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Technology-oriented with advanced aptitude in the Google suite.
- Have a valid driver’s license in the United States.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Desire to have fun while making a difference in the lives of youth.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 4, 2017 AT 5:00 PM CST